CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Zoo time!







I know, it's been a LIFETIME since I have updated the blog!

These pics were taken early June, when we all went to the zoo for little man's second birthday request.  He could not decide between the dinosaur museum and the zoo.  He learned about zebra's at school, and was told their stripe colors change as they grow older, and we wanted to see a baby and a "mama" zebra.

As we went to the dinosaur museum for little man's actual birthday, we waited a few days to head to the Hogle Zoo.  We had spent quite a bit of time at the zoo and could not find a sign of zebra's anywhere, so I asked someone who worked there where the zebra's were.  She said they had died (as had one of the monkeys, and one of the camels was on his way out while we were walking by their exhibit)...  The Hogle Zoo has definitely gotten better over the years, thanks to a few new exhibits like Rocky Shores, but it can still be a SCARY place for animals!  I told little man that the zebra's were sleeping, and thankfully he did not bring it up again.

Maybe by the time we go back and he remembers that he wants to see them, they will have found some new zebra's!

0 comments: