




The picture on top is what happens after a LONG day with no nap! We woke up early today and went to breakfast at the Pancake House, one of our favorites. Jackson had pancakes and eggs for the first time, and spent the afternoon with grandma and grandpa Mower while Lonnie and I saw a movie. He had a great time there, as usual, but was having so much fun that he resisted sleep. He managed to get a little cat nap in the car, but then as soon as we came home he woke up. After almost ten hours without sleep, check out the eyes in the top picture. SO baggy and heavy with sleep, but he just kept fighting it, and was giddy with exhaustion! Here's hoping that now that he finally fell asleep, he stays that way!
Jackson loves the John Deere scooter that Tracy, Travis, and Peyton got him, and Lonnie helps him race all over the house in it. Bailey usually heads for the hills, as Lonnie gets going pretty fast, and Bailey gets nervous.
Not sure how Lonnie caught Jackson's face in this last picture. He was happily eating his Gerber little cheddars, and in between bites, he appeared a bit grouchy.
Jackson rarely agrees to lay in his crib, unless he is completely exhausted. He prefers to stand and hold on to the side, and is often waiting for me in just that position when I walk in his room. Last night he wanted me to stay in his room after I put him in his crib, and he reached through the bars and pulled my shirt so I couldn't leave. It made me feel bad enough that I decided to stay! He already knows how to work the system!
0 comments:
Post a Comment