



Grandpa turned 87 today, and still looks and acts like he's 60! I only hope to be lucky enough to get a mix of his gene's and grandma's, they are both doing AMAZING, and have enough personality and character to get them through life's ups and down's. Grandpa got several great presents: a University of Utah shirt, a Kodak picture book of the Fox family, a new set of sheets, and several boxes of Anna's cookies. Grandpa requested dinner at the Melting Pot, as he had never been, but has been wanting to try it since it moved to Portland several years ago. Lonnie, Grandpa, and I enjoyed a nice meal, but we all agreed we won't be back again.
The grand finale was a new "throne" potty, as Grandpa has quite fascinated with toilets over the last decade, and can name the brand of toilet at any location he frequents. He has always liked the tall toilets he calls "thrones", and we managed to find a 17 inch toilet at Home Depot, which is the tallest one made. The pics above are Grandpa and I trying it out (only pretending, I promise!) shortly after install!
Happy birthday Grandpa, we love you!

0 comments:
Post a Comment