




After a long wait, we finally had a chance to put the furniture back (thank you Shannon!), and put up our Christmas decorations. Little man was SO excited to decorate, and has been asking about decorating a Christmas tree since before Thanksgiving, as Noy talked to him about it and got him excited. He has also been wanting a tree in his room, as most of his friends have one (Chloe and Fifi, Gabe and Biggie, and Ethan). I told him that we would wait to get a tree for his bedroom until after Christmas when they went on sale, but when we went to Target I was able to find the perfect little tree on clearance for $20, and I couldn't pass it up. I haven't had a chance to take pics of it yet, but it's a beauty, I let little man pick all the decorations and he did a great job!
I have always had an angel on top of my tree, but Jackson just wasn't having any of that. He was insistent that we MUST have a star on top of our tree, and only a star. I am thinking this is a reflection of all the trees we have seen thus far with stars on top of them, and his favorite Christmas movie "Mickey's House of Mouse", when Donald gets to do the honors of flipping the switch for all the lights, and there is a beautiful star on top of the tree! After deciding that some fights aren't worth fighting, we headed off to Target as a family to pick out a star tree topper. Unfortunately, there are slim pickings at this point in the season, and we picked the least offensive star for the top of our tree. Little man was ecstatic, and was happy with the results!
Now on to the stockings...
I explained to Jackson why we have stockings, and told him that he could help mommy put out the stockings and start to fill them up. We filled Grandpa's stocking with chocolate bars, put a toy inside of Bailey's, and put some candy inside of daddy's, and he was very excited that his stocking would be filled on Christmas Eve. He likes to point at all the stockings and tell you who they belong to. Late afternoon I was folding a batch of laundry and heard a loud noise, and went downstairs to find little man on the fireplace with a sheepish look, and his hand inside of Grandpa's stocking, fishing for a chocolate bar. When I asked what he was doing he said "I need a treat mama". I explained to him that it's not nice to take things out of other people's stockings, and we needed to save all of the candy for Christmas. This fell on deaf ears, and little man ended up being awarded a half chocolate bar after promising he wouldn't get back into any stockings until Christmas morning. I am not confident he will make it that long!
0 comments:
Post a Comment