CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday, August 4, 2008

For some reason, the blog is not cooperating today, and this is my fifth and final attempt to post!

We had a great time in Portland, and Lonnie and Lee were able to get out and enjoy the great Oregon and Washington air, and hiked Mt. Hood and Mt. St. Helens. I stayed back at grandma and grandpa's house, so they could spend some quality time with Jackson. He did great on the plane, and slept pretty well most of the time, although there were one or two rough nights.

Thank you Auntie Jan for taking the first shift of Friday night and giving me the best 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep I've had since Jackson arrived! As you can all see from the pics, Jan is up on all the latest and greatest trends to "soothe" babies to sleep, including "rewombing" (Jackson being bathed wrapped up in a towel), and listening to headphones prior to bed. Worked like a charm!

Grandma's first comment upon meeting Jackson was "he's a chunk", followed quickly by, "this kids not a chunk, he's fat!" Not sure how I feel about this, but grandma insists this is a compliment that I am feeding him well, as babies are meant to be fat!

Grandpa was able to get a crib from his neighbors Phil and Peggy, and Jackson slept pretty well in the crib, as it was mesh on both sides, and he could see Lonnie and I while he was sleeping. It also kept the spiders out, right grandpa!

Only a few weeks and we will be back on the plane to visit Peyton for her first birthday, so I'm hoping Jackson remembers the ropes, and we have an uneventful flight again!

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!

Last night, Sunday, August 3, Jackson slept the ENTIRE night for the first time in his 9 weeks on earth! It was wonderful, and would have been even more wonderful if I slept also, instead of standing by his crib every hour checking his breathing and making sure all was well!

0 comments: