CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 4, 2008

Jackson's First Fourth of July!




With the arrival of Tracy this week (my sister and the most amazing mother I know!), who is visiting in Salt Lake to meet Jackson for the first time, I was FINALLY able to devote the time and training to get Jackson's blog up and running!

Jackson Gilbert Smith, born May 30, 2008, is the BEST thing to ever happen to Lonnie and I, and is our finest creation yet! He is so good natured and mellow, and I am thankful every day that he didn't develop the high stress personalities of his father and I. Not that there's anything wrong with high stress, but it's nice to know that Jackson is his own little person already, and every day brings a new facet of his personality and insight into the little boy he will soon become.


Tracy and I spent Jackson's first Fourth of July finalizing his nursery, with the hanging of his monitor that will watch over his crib nightly, while I watch on nervously from the other room. I am told by Jackson's father that he is moving to his own room soon, but thankfully Jackson's wonderful pediatrician, Dr. Norlin, said that we should wait to move Jackson when his "mother is comfortable" with the move. This may be a few more weeks, but I'm working on it!


Pics of his nursery will soon be forthcoming, luckily Tracy is in town through Sunday so I can receive a bit more training.


Well, it's been a long day, and Jackson's tummy is acting up again, so we've put him down early and hope to get to bed early tonight as well.


With Nani and Papaw Smith, Grandpa Gil, and Grandma and Grandpa McKenney far away and not able to see Jackson regularly, I hope to keep his blog updated so they have a way to check in on us and make sure we're taking good care of their grandson!


Stay tuned!

Kristin and Lonnie Smith

1 comments:

Peyton

It was so much fun to spend your first 4th of July with you little man. You are a sweetie and I love how you talk so much! (Must have got that from your mommy). Get some longer stretches of sleep at night now so your parents aren't so tired. Love you!