




Jackson is continuing to grow, and outgrow, all of his familiar surroundings from the last few months. Last night it was officially time to move him from his bassinet to his playpen, as he no longer had enough room to move around, and was thrashing about restlessly all night. Lonnie and I thought this would be the solution to also giving us a good nights sleep, but it was not to be. Not sure if the teething is causing the restlessness, or just a growth spurt dictating Jackson's hunger, but the last three nights have been sleepless ones for the three of us. Here's hoping he sleeps tonight, as I am EXHAUSTED to say the least! Lonnie headed to Chicago today, so he will be getting more sleep than the rest of us! Decided to try rice cereal to see if that allowed Jackson enough substance to get through the night, but he was not a fan, and I couldn't convince him to take the bottle with rice cereal. We'll try again tomorrow, and hopefully he will be hungry enough to partake! We're also heading to fruits and veggies soon, as soon as we get another validation from the pediatrician that he thinks Jackson is ready. I'm ready for him to eat Oreo's and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, but unfortunately Lonnie is trying to reign this in and start him with the "healthy" items first. We'll see how long I can last before giving Jackson his first taste of sweets. We are lucky to have hired a wonderful nanny for Jackson, and Michelle started work when we returned from San Diego last week. She lives locally, and has a lot of great experience, and Jackson and her get along famously. Every day I've come home from work to Jackson smiling and laughing at Michelle so much that he doesn't notice I'm home, or maybe he just doesn't care. He almost rolled over for her this week, but hasn't done it yet. He's about 75% there, and it is AMAZING how much stronger and more mobile he has become in the last week. He spends time on his tummy regularly practicing for all the crawling to come, but I am willing to be patient, as I want to keep him for myself FOREVER. As soon as he gets mobile, he won't appreciate my regular kisses, hugs, and smothering nearly as much, or so I'm told.....
0 comments:
Post a Comment